Monday, February 5, 2018

Lessons in catlife-Guest post by Tami the cat

Meow fellow felines

My name is Tami. I am a shorthaired domestic tabby who was abandoned, until the lovely hoomins (aka humans-these are the two legged animals we rule over) at the Lucky Lucy Foundation rescued me. I was recently taken in by my foster-mom (the author of this blog) about a year and a half ago, and things have been going really well. It has taken the hoomin a while to adjust to having a new ruler, but she is now well-trained.

This is me...I'm cute right? 

While this post is being written by mom, she is under my control (more than usual), for the purpose of this post. I feel it is my duty to help you all live a better 9 lives with your hoomin, so I have compiled a list of simple rules to follow:

1.Boxes. Boxes, boxes boxes, boxes. I cannot stress this enough. If you see a box, it is cat-code to sit in it, no matter how small it may appear. Abide by our motto: If it fits, it sits!


Sometimes hoomin will buy things to use for herself, but it will be useful to you, so use it...
 

2. Sleeping. Sleep is important. So whenever you need or want to sleep, do it. It doesn't matter where...

On the table...
 on the newspaper while hoomin is readin...
 on hoomins pillow...
 on the newspaper while hoomin tries to clean...


 on the bed while hoomin is getting ready for work...
 by the window sill...
 on hoomins bag...
 in the sun on the floor...
 and finally, on any item of clothing that belongs to hoomin.


3. Laptops. I won't go into detail here, but all you need to know is, if there is a laptop present, sit on it or next to it...



NB. Your input during thesis/article, and novel writing is invaluable. Make sure your hoomin knows it!

4. Pens/anything on the table. Hit them till they fall off the table and onto the floor. This is fun and keeps hoomin on their toes.


5. Bathroom time.

When hoomin is in the shower, sit outside and meow every now and then...


and when hoomin is on the toilet, you must sit with him/her...don't listen when being chased away and asked for private time.


6. When hoomin is being creative, join in. Your input is important, even if they don't realise it...


And my last point...

7. Selfies. Now my hoomin is not a huge fan of selfies, but every now and then she takes them, and will include me. My advice, go along with it. It lets hoomin think they are in control, and that's funny!


That's it from me feline friends. Good luck with your hoomins!
Hoomins, please check out the Lucky Lucy Foundation, and help out in any way you can. They are an amazing organisation that helps many animals in need! 
And remember "Adopt, don't shop!"

Meow for now! Tami the cat xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lessons in catlife-Guest post by Tami the cat

Meow fellow felines My name is Tami. I am a shorthaired domestic tabby who was abandoned, until the lovely hoomins (aka humans-these are...