Monday, June 18, 2012

No Monday blues! Just Retail Therapy at its best!

So I had made a list of all the things I needed to do today (completed) and was sitting down at my laptop with my thesis document open. Katy Perry blasting in my ears and malaria distribution maps in front of me on the screen. And how long did that last? Ten minutes perhaps! I had pizza on the brain, and no matter how hard I had tried to suppress the craving for that scrumptious unhealthy meal, I eventually gave in! Mary and I took a walk to the Hayfields Shopping Centre just down the road. Ordered the spicy chicken pizza and then waited a bit. It seemed like a good idea to get the ice cream we had promised our friend Letrisha. Between the two of us, we walked out of the Centre with two pairs of shoes, baked goodies (oh my word I love chocolate eclairs!!!), chocolates (AHHHHHH), juices (the healthy item on our list!), smarties!!! (seriously they should just be called "the box of awesomeness"), nuts! (you can never go wrong with nuts), and ice creams for us. (Couldn't find the Tornado Blaster Letrisha requested!). We trekked along to the garage and found that apparently amazing ice cream, and  then bought some Steers chips. Those chips WERE AMAZING. That seasoning blew my mind away. All in all that little trip to the shops picked not only satisfied my craving, but picked my spirits up nicely! Lovely start to the week!

Hope you all had a great start to the week too!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lessons in catlife-Guest post by Tami the cat

Meow fellow felines My name is Tami. I am a shorthaired domestic tabby who was abandoned, until the lovely hoomins (aka humans-these are...