Thursday, December 20, 2012

Yes I have been hiding, but I've had some time to think about the New Year approaching...

I haven't been blogging for a while. It's been crazy, what with trying to finish my masters before March next year and dealing with emotions! It has been a rollercoaster and a half! Am I taking a holiday to relax and breathe? Nope. Will I be trying to work my ass off to finish? Yes! I just have to keep this up till Feb, and then it's the beginning of a NEW life :) 

Now, this time of year usually sparks a frenzy of soul-searching, resolution-making conversations. So how has your year been? Have you  made any monumental mistakes you regret? Have you had the time of your life? Has this year seen you make many friendships, or break them? 

I think that reflecting on the year that has been, before welcoming a New one, is essential. Get out all your frustrations, emotions, opinions attaching you to what has been. Leave all the negative behind, all the regrets, all the sorrows and all the pain. Armour yourself with the knowledge and lessons you have learned this past year, and years before, and get ready to take on 2013, to make new memories and triumphs and to forge new friendships and bonds.

I, personally, have learned A LOT from this year! So making resolutions has been a big deal for me (it never has been in the past).
 
I have come up with three for now...

1. Treat everyone with respect and kindness, regardless of their nature (they may be horrible people, but that's not me)
2. Never again let anyone change me, or what defines me. (It is the most awful feeling in the world to lose yourself)
3. Go the extra mile for people deserving of it, and for people who will do the same for me (I am done caring for people who couldn't give a damn about me- Yes I have had many of those this year)


Take some time to think about your New Years' resolutions, like I have. I think it will make you feel much better about life :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lessons in catlife-Guest post by Tami the cat

Meow fellow felines My name is Tami. I am a shorthaired domestic tabby who was abandoned, until the lovely hoomins (aka humans-these are...