Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Mysteries!

I LOVE mysteries! I guess that's why I'm super keen on becoming a criminal investigator. I am a GEMINI, so that could be a contributing factor to my inquisitive nature too! I love trying to figure out what really happened in a situation! So it shouldn't come as a surprise that famous crimes, and missing person cases intrigue me! Like the Zodiac killer, Jack the Ripper, and the disappearance of Madeleine McCann, for example! 
On this day, 115 years ago, Amelia Earhart was born. If you don't know who that is, then smack yourself on the arm! 
Amelia was the first woman ever, to fly over the Atlantic Ocean, and has many aviation records attached to her name. In plain words, she is a legend! She disappeared in 1937, and on January 5, 1939, was declared dead due to absentia. There is no actual proof that Amelia died, and her remains are yet to be found. I actually do believe she survived the crash, and maybe suffered from amnesia, and is probably living somewhere in the world. We will someday hopefully discover the truth to her disappearance. 

This is what she wrote to her husband, in the event that she would not survive her dangerous trip.

"I want to do it because I want to do it. Women must try to do things as men have tried. When they fail, their failure must be but a challenge to others."

We salute you Amelia! 

 If you would like to read up more about Amelia, follow this link: 
http://www.ameliaearhart.com/about/bio2.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lessons in catlife-Guest post by Tami the cat

Meow fellow felines My name is Tami. I am a shorthaired domestic tabby who was abandoned, until the lovely hoomins (aka humans-these are...