Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Apartment Scammers

So, I will be re-locating to Cape Town (soon hopefully!) and residing currently in Pietermaritzburg, finding a place to live is a bit of an issue. I figured if I tried to check online websites like Gumtree, Locanto or OLX, I would find a place in no time! And I thought I had! I replied to the ads, and received e-mail replies, and then realised I was almost scammed!


Now, I had been looking at so many places, that I later realised I may have replied to the same ad twice! So, I received two replies, one about a month after the first. At the time, I had assumed they weren't from the same person, or about the same ad, but there's one thing that was definitely the same, the TERRIBLE English! (I hate that!). After looking back at my previous e-mails, I found it! Look below for yourself!

E-mail 1
"

Hi,

Thanks for your email and it's my gladness hearing from you, am Reverend Terry i owner the property you are making inquiry of, actually I resided in the house with my family, my wife and my only daughter but presently we had packed due to my transfer from my working place and now situated in Glasgow, Scotland. Presently my house is still available for rent for 3400 per month including all house utilities like hydro,washer,security and so on, it is fully Furnished!

Meanwhile, i went for a Crusade in Africa and i will like you to get in touch with my wife in  Glasgow  for more details about the house, as she's with the keys and the documents of the House. Please i want you to know that we're kind and honest family, we spent alot on our property's,so i will solicit for your absolute maintenance of this house and want you to treat it as your own! Its not about the money but we want you to keep it tidy all the time, so that i will be glad to see it neat when i came for a check up. I also want you to let me have trust in you as i always stand on my word.

Email my wife Nino on ( nidsonhudsonturavapraise@hot mail.com  or nidsonhudsonturavapraise@gm ail.com ) and she will attends to you better, pls make sure you send email to both address,
Thanks and you are welcome...
Regards

                                                                                                                             "

E-mail 2
"

Hi,

Thanks for your email and it's my gladness hearing from you, am Reverend Paul i owner the property you are making inquiry of, actually I resided in the house with my family, my wife and my only daughter but presently we had packed due to my transfer from my working place and now situated in Glasgow, Scotland. Presently my house is still available for rent for 3600per month including all house utilities like hydro,washer,security and so on, it is fully Furnished!

Meanwhile, i went for a Crusade in E.Africa and i will like you to get in touch with my wife in  Glasgow  for more details about the house, as she's with the keys and the documents of the House. Please i want you to know that we're kind and honest family, we spent alot on our property's,so i will solicit for your absolute maintenance of this house and want you to treat it as your own! Its not about the money but we want you to keep it tidy all the time, so that i will be glad to see it neat when i came for a check up. I also want you to let me have trust in you as i always stand on my word.

Email my wife Maria on ( mariawatsonfams@gmail.com  or mariawatsonprays@live.com ) and she will attends to you better, pls make sure you send email to both address,

Thanks and you are welcome...
Regards           

                                                                                                                                                              "


Notice it?

Here'e the link to the ad: http://www.freepropertyads.co.za/apartments-to-rent/flats-apartments-to-rent/africa/south-africa/western-cape/cape-town/cape-town-cbd/city-bowl/sunny-furnished-large-two-bedrooms-flats-available-121936.html

PLEASE make sure you aren't dealing with a scam when looking for places online to rent or purchase ! I have heard numerous stories about how people have been scammed! And if you do know of any scams doing its round, share it! You could be saving someone from having a really bad experience!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lessons in catlife-Guest post by Tami the cat

Meow fellow felines My name is Tami. I am a shorthaired domestic tabby who was abandoned, until the lovely hoomins (aka humans-these are...