Tuesday, June 18, 2013

New girl in town...

Just over a week in Cape Town, yet it feels like it's been a while! Today was my second day at campus, interning for a PhD. I watched mice being killed, cut open, and their organs harvested! I am a scientist, so I am fully aware that this is for a good cause, however, the animal lover in me did cry inside! As fun and exciting as moving cities and starting in a new lab is, it is extremely overwhelming! SO MUCH PRESSURE!!!!!!!! It definitely helps that the people are super friendly and helpful :)

Business aside, I'm in a baking and cooking mood! So I'm getting some recipes off the net! Chicken ala-king for supper and chocolate brownies for dessert! Anyone want to come over for supper? :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Lessons in catlife-Guest post by Tami the cat

Meow fellow felines My name is Tami. I am a shorthaired domestic tabby who was abandoned, until the lovely hoomins (aka humans-these are...