Wednesday, August 14, 2013

My third degree complete :)

A few weeks ago I received the results of my MSc (Biochemistry). While I was disappointed that I didn't get Cum Laude :( I was really happy with the result :) and so was my supervisor (Yay!) I started my MSc. in 2011, and as much work as it was (as all degrees are), I had such fun! I've made amazing friends and experienced A LOT, and I've definitely grown so much since. Every dissertation has an acknowledgements page where you thank those who have contributed to you obtaining the degree, and I am thankful to so many people! So I would like to share my acknowledgments page :)



Acknowledgements


“Nothing purchased can come close to the renewed sense of gratitude for having family and friends” Courtland Milloy
 
I would like to express my sincere gratitude to everyone who has contributed to this MSc. study in any way, from the smallest to the greatest detail. Thank you so much!

I would like to thank my supervisor, Professor J.P.D. Goldring, for all his guidance, encouragement, patience and support during my Honours year and throughout my MSc. study.

To Charmaine, Robyn, Yegan, Jess, Agnes, Goodman, and the rest of administrative, technical and cleaning staff in the Biochemistry Department: Thank you for always being so helpful and for the great conversations and laughs throughout my studies at UKZN.

To Professor T.H.T. Coetzer, Dr. C.U. Niesler, Dr. E. Elliott, Dr. P. Vukea and Dr. C.S. Pillay: Thank you so much for your assistance, guidance and support during my studies, I really do appreciate it!
I would like to thank the College of Life Sciences and the National Research Foundation of South Africa for funding my studies.

To my amazing malaria mates: Jax, Ginger Dave, Rob, Faiaz and Kelvin. You guys are superstars! I have learnt so much from you all. Thank you for your patience and willingness to assist me in every way possible! You guys are always there for me, supporting and guiding me, and it means the world to me. Working in our lab (the best in the department!) has been such a crazy, awesome, and extremely entertaining journey, one I will always remember!!! I leave our lab with five treasured friendships!
To my fellow post-graduates and cherished friends: Celia, Sanele, Faith, Lara, Lauren, Wanani Kayleen, Mary, Sohana, Nick, and Rhys. Thank you so much for your all your help, your love, support, wise words, and for always embracing my crazy side! Much love to you guys! 

To Letrisha: Thank you for providing a “safe spot” whenever I’ve needed one! Thank you so much for your love, the laughs, and for the amazing support and encouragement, especially during the rough times. Your friendship is most cherished!

To Nicole: Cousin dearest, you and I are two of a kind! Thank you for being as crazy as I am, so that I don’t feel too weird! Thank you for your love, support, and motivating words, and for always managing to calm me down. You rock!

To my loving parents Tony and Janakie Govender, my dear sister Lerissa, Toby, and the rest of my ‘too huge to mention’, but very important family and friends: Thank you so much for your unconditional love and support always, and for putting up with my anti-social, stressed out times. Love you all dearly.

Finally, I am thankful to God for the people in my life and for always giving me the strength and courage to accomplish anything I aspire.

“Father God, thank You for friends who stand beside me in all situations. They are always there when I need them to listen, laugh and cry. They are so special to my life. May they realise what their friendship means to me. Amen”
Emily Barnes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lessons in catlife-Guest post by Tami the cat

Meow fellow felines My name is Tami. I am a shorthaired domestic tabby who was abandoned, until the lovely hoomins (aka humans-these are...