Friday, January 17, 2014

My first post for 2014

So I have been out of action for some time now. I know I have missed out on a lot of posts, like the passing of Mandela, for instance. So I'd like to first start off by wishing everyone a late, but Happy New Year. May this year be filled with possibilities, new friendships, new experiences, and lots of love.

Over the December holidays, I had gone back home to spend time with my family and friends. The holiday started off well, I spent time with some dear friends, was able to chill at home with my dad and Toby, our pet dog, and I loved every minute of it. When you're away from home, you really do appreciate those you're away from a lot more. My holiday did, however, take a turn, when on Christmas Day, I found out through Facebook posts, that someone very special to me had passed on the day before. Not only had he dropped me off at the airport, the week before, but we had also briefly chatted the morning of the day he drowned. So I was devastated, and obviously still am dealing with this loss. And I am so grateful to have been given the privilege of having such an amazing person in my life, even if it was just for a short time.

Rest in peace Brett Nerwich xxx

I am officially back at campus, in full swing, full plate, admin and the lot. The most frustrating thing as a post grad, is funding! I was expecting to receive funding from a source I usually receive funding from, but it turns out, they decided my application was not worth funding this year. So I've been in a tizz about finances and not making payments. But there is a God :) and the power of prayer has been so magnificent in my life, so I am trying to remain calm and positive and I believe things will eventually work out for the best.

I am now on day 5 of the Daniel Fast (many of you may know about this), and I am doing quite well so far :) To anyone else doing this fast, I wish you a great one :)

I hope you have all had a lovely week. I have no exciting plans for the weekend. Just gym, church, and a lot of work! Hope you all have a great one! Be safe :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lessons in catlife-Guest post by Tami the cat

Meow fellow felines My name is Tami. I am a shorthaired domestic tabby who was abandoned, until the lovely hoomins (aka humans-these are...